New Network installation

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by crutter, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crutter

crutter Registered Member

Hi,

I'm just preparing to replace ca ETrust ITM with NOD32 Business AV throughout my company network.

I've got about 45 pc's and 5 servers to do so I'm planning on doing it in stages ie one department at a time. I currently have the ca Admin installed on my domain controller and with my installation plan in mind, I'm thinking of installing the remote administrator on my exchange server, are there any issues doing this ?

Also, any tips and hints would be greatly appreciated :)

2. tanstaafl

tanstaafl Registered Member

Install 3.0.684 on the servers, add all MS recommended exclusions (search the archives here, plenty of references), then 4.0.437 on the workstations, and again, add the recommended exclusions... and be careful not to miss any.

Next, complain very loudly to ESET about having to add these exclusions manually. Maybe if enough people do this, they will add simple checkbox exclusions (that will be ENABLED by default).

3. Marv Gordon

Marv Gordon Registered Member

I think we should also complain about the server issues with version 4.0.

I think the product is great for the most part. However, as a business client I don't have a lot of warm and fuzzies being told that I should run an "old" version of the software on servers when the "new" product has been out for many months.

Performance/stability issues are not just related to DC's either....

Example... a client opens a word doc on a W2K3 File Server... V3 the file opens with no apparent delay. V4 takes around 15 seconds.

C'mon ESET...you have a great product but these kinds of issues should be a priority as they affect hundreds or thousands of users at a single business not to mention the wrath of system admins that may go with another product and cost you thousands of dollars in revenue.

4. Elisa Tese Rotca

Elisa Tese Rotca Registered Member

Hi Tanstafl,
    why don't use the 4.0 version on the servers?
    (with the exclusions off course)

5. tanstaafl

tanstaafl Registered Member

Hi Elisa,

Because there are know problems with v4 and any server (2003/200:cool:. 3.0.684 works great, and is not really a compromise as far as security is concerned.

I'm sure ESET will eventually work out the problems with v4 on servers, but for now, do yourself a favor and use 3.0.684...

You can search the forums her over the past few months if you want the grisly details from those unfortunate enough to find this out the hard way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.