New NetVeda SafetyNet

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by SourMilk, Oct 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hipgnosis

Hipgnosis Registered Member

I've seen no evidence of internet or page loading slowdowns. I haven't uninstalled it yet so I can't comment. However, as I recall from the last time I tested SafetyNet (version 3.6.1), it uninstalled with no problems. I will probably do an uninstall within the next couple weeks because I am getting ready to rebuild my test box. I can let you know how it goes at that time.

2. zhanwest

zhanwest Registered Member

Hipgnosis, you are right, thanks,
    The password not only prevents users from shutting down it, but also protect its settings. But without self-protection, I think the password makes no sense :(
    I have not met any problem about page loading
    It can be easily uninstalled, no problem

3. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

It appears that someone is updating the program. It is listed under Majorgeeks.com as being compatible with Windows 98 and up while the Netveda.com site includes Windows 95. o_O

4. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

Thank you Hipgnosis.

5. Hipgnosis

I uninstalled it from my test box this morning and it was a smooth removal. The removal did require a reboot and I had to manually delete the NetVeda folder from the Program Files directory.

6. despuesvengo

despuesvengo Registered Member

hi there

I saw Netveda was back so I installed it. But....as someone said here, there is a leak memory or something wrong.....takes 45000 Kb ram.

Went to netveda forum and posted a msg also.
    I uninstalled it for now and will wait to see if there is a fix or if someone knows something please let me know....it is a good software, or it looks like :p

greetings

7. Hipgnosis

When I initially installed it the memory usage was high, however after a reboot it dropped to around 15-16Mb as I recall.

8. despuesvengo

despuesvengo Registered Member

hi Hipgnosis

Yes, after reboot it went back to normal.....after a while....it started all over, I don't know but it goes up and up if you are using a P2p for instance.

If you do not touch anything and just surf the net it goes up little by little too. Don't know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.