New MSE Build 1.0.1500.0

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by midway40, Aug 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blegs385521

blegs385521 Registered Member

First, I agree that the results of any scan should be reported. If this is being used in a business, I know that the I/T auditors would insist on that and we, as users, should too.

I am running the latest update on a Win 7 RTM Professional system. When I start my PC, after a while the Action Center appears in the notification tray with a red "X" across it. It tells me that MSE anti virus and anti-malware and not reporting as started. I clcik on a button to start them and all is well. However, MSE does show as running in the notification tray, it sounds like MSE is failing to report it's status to Windows Security Center.

2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Reporting it fine for the networks I have it installed on :) Also, MSE is the home version, if you want to use it in business they have Forefront for that...

http://www.microsoft.com/forefront/en/us/default.aspx

3. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

I like this program and had no problem updating (Clicking 'UPDATE') on XP PRO/SP3. Full scan takes twice as long as ESET and AVIRA.

4. elapsed

Your first scan will always take a long time, subsequent scans should be much sorter (in comparison to the first scan).

5. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Actually, the second scan took the same amount of time as the first.

6. elapsed

Weird, as posted earlier, my quick scans get shorter every time I do them, at least that's the feeling I get. My first ever quick scan several weeks back took a little over 10 minutes. It's down to about a minute now.

7. Fuzzydice45

Fuzzydice45 Registered Member

Tried to install MSE and it said my windows xp failed validation, I then used the validation checker "Legitcheck.hta" and it said my windows was legit..

Hopefully this bug will be fixed by the next release, does anyone know roughly when that will be?

Thanks

8. guest

guest Guest

does mse have logging ability?
    i searched for it but i couldn't find a suitable

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.