New MS service

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ThunderZ, Feb 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Not sure about this one. As noted, sure seems to open the door to a lot of "faked" fixes by the mal-ware vendors.

Cnet article.

2. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

I also wonder if this "fix it" button will eventually be a pay-per service :rolleyes:

It is a good idea nonetheless, but I do fear malware won't be far behind in offering their version of a free fix.

I would also still make an image, backup data and at the least make a system restore point before running any fixes.

3. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

The way I understand it, it will only be found on Microsoft's own help and support pages. If that remains the case, then phishing SEEMS to be the only danger with it. That would be quite a danger though. I actually applaud MS on this move, too many of those "help suggestions" are useless and often have nothing to do with the problem. This could save a lot of time and confusion...or, the wrong fix could mess things up even further.

Like all things MS, time will tell.

4. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Phishing is the first thing that came to my mind.

I have never liked the fact the MS updates is not a https connection. Will "fixit" be. Could be a world of hurt for the novice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.