New Mainboard

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ChrisR, Jan 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisR

ChrisR Registered Member

Hello!

I need to change my current mainboard. I want to do a backup, so that I keep my registry, my files and my programs. Everything except the drivers. How do I do this so that I don't have any conflicts with the new motherboard?

Regards,
    Chris

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

What version of TrueImage do you have?

3. ChrisR

ChrisR Registered Member

Hello!

Forgive me that I forgot to state the version number in my previous post. I own Acronis True Image Home 10.0 (build 4,871),
    Thanks for your reply.

Regards,
    Chris

4. ChrisR

ChrisR Registered Member

*bump*

5. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

If you search the forums you will find issues with drivers for the new board. You will most likely have to do a repair install before you are done.

6. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

You didn't say what OS you are using, I am assuming your system uses a Windows variant. Note that if you are using XP you will likely need to reactivate the license with Microsoft. This should just be a simple phonecall.

1. Take an image backup of your system to a second hard disk. You never know when you might need this ;-)

2. When you have assembled your computer with your existing disk you may well find that it won't boot. Some have had success and managed to boot, perhaps by using safe mode.

If you do manage to boot, the OS may prompt you for drivers for parts of the mobo. Either way you should review how happy it is by looking in device manager, and installing any missing drivers from there.

If you can't boot (e.g. BSOD on startup) you will need to get hold of your OS installation CD and boot from it, and choose to do a Repair installation.

F.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.