New laptop: Vista or Mac?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Diprivan, Mar 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diprivan

Diprivan Registered Member

I am going abroad and need a desktop substitute (i.e. laptop).
    I enjoy tinkering with Windows security apps (I have an addiction to testing these). However many of my colleagues have recommended going down the Macintosh route.
    I don't particularly need graphics / photo editing capabilities.
    Would a Mac laptop be too secure and boring? Are there enough security floors and security software to indulge my addiction?
    Is it possible to run Windows OS in a MAC in a seperate FDISR / rollback type snapshot if I do experience withdrawal.
    I am seeking treatment!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2007
  2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

hello,
    you could buy a mac mainly use apple OSX and use bootcamp to use windows. but that would mean paying for a mac then having to pay the cost of a windows vista license as well which would add on to the costs.
    Or you could just buy a laptop and just use windows. best to reinstall windows to get rid of the crap they install on laptops:D
    if you have no trouble with windows and like having fun testing programs then keep windows.
    lodore

3. incursari

incursari Registered Member

Windows is fun, too many to play around. It will never make you bored. But sometimes it makes you feel like throwing your computer out of the window.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.