New Kerio Personal firewall 4.2 rc3 version

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Stephanos G., Jun 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephanos G.

Stephanos G. Registered Member

New beta version published today

kerio beta

Version 4.2.0 RC 3 - June 29, 2005
    - fixed bug that KPF permitted outgoing UDP packets when relevant firewall rule was set to 'ASK'. This bug prevented KPF to pass DNS leak test.
    - fixed bug that KPF blocked DHCP responses on interfaces without IP address.
    - fixed bug that when KPF was configured to ask the user for both application startup and modification, it asked only for the startup even if application was modified.
    - fixed bug that KPF detected new interface with address 0.0.0.0 when ethernet cable was disconnected.
    - fixed bug that when KPF password was enabled, it was not possible to close application change alert dialog without knowing password.
    - fixed many cosmetic and light bugs in KPF GUI.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2005
  2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

More bugs fixed, but more introduced? I would be interested in hearing about anyone's experiences with this release.. Should be getting close to final by now...

3. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    :cool:

Are the latest Kerio 4.2 RC3 already very stable, especially to XP? did they add some automatic protections in a default mode... in other words even if the users didn't configure or touch anything? Just curious... coz I'm new and I felt Kerio 4.1.3 felt good with my dial-up connection. :)

4. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

Personally I think the last RC's of 4.2 are very nice... The RAM usage is still slightly high but it doesn't slow down browsing like outpost does for example... The plus on Kerio for me is like hight RAM usage, low system overhead :)

As for bugs, this RC3 ran fine for the last two weeks on my experimental VMware installation :) Let's release that final ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.