New installation - F-Secure

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by dinky1, Jun 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dinky1

dinky1 Registered Member

Today I installed F-Secure antivirus 2006 courtesy of Barclays Bank. It installed no proble, although I had to uninstall Adaware. It seems to be running fine but on doing a scan it has left me a little concerned at the log it created. I am just a novice in this AV stuff so could someone kindly take a look at it and advise. I am running Windows 2000, ZA firewall, Spyware blaster and Spybot search and destroy. Its very long. Log to follow: Thanks Di.

2. dinky1

dinky1 Registered Member

Scanning type: Perform full computer check
    Target: C:\
    Result: 854 malware found
    Backdoor.Win32.IRCBot.qc (virus)

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2006
  3. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Hi Di.

This may not be much help, as I do not have much expertise. However, it appears that all except the Backdoor are false positives. I am not sure why that is so.

Hopefully soon someone who can give you a better assessment will post, but maybe I can give you some assurance that you do not have 854 malware on your machine.
    I will also be interested to see how this turns out.
    Sorry that I can't be of more help.

Jerry

4. Mack Jones

Mack Jones Registered Member

Whaou...
    Strange files names Dinky ! :rolleyes:
    Seems like FSAV detects 854 times the same malware...

Off Topic: may be a good choice to mask files names, not sure that respects the forum policy...
    Sincerely,
    Mack

5. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

Maybe you confused the hell out of it because 99% of those aren't songs- C:\My Music\.lol!.

6. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

If you attached that as a text document it may get some more reads.
    Also including the file names that you use to "crack"/use software illegally may also hinder the support you get from some here at Wilders. Just a thought.

7. i_kenefick

i_kenefick Registered Member

Looks like F-Secure detects an IRC-Backdoor which attempts to spread via P2P networks also.

Just delete these files.

8. dinky1

dinky1 Registered Member

Thanks for the help guys. I did try and do a search for some of the files listed but my searches all come back as cannot be displayed or cannot be found. I think my son may have something to do with most of these ? music files. Does anyone know how to delete these files if I can't find them? Di.

9. i_kenefick

i_kenefick Registered Member

Dpeending on how you have configured F-Secure's On-Demand scan they may have been treated already ie. deleted.

10. dinky1

dinky1 Registered Member

Thanks for that Ian. I have just ran another scan today and it came back clean. May be you are right as I can't seem to find any of the files when I searched for them using the search facility. Hope that the end of it as it seems to be otherwise ok. I did run an online scan with Symantec (? spelling) that also came back clean. Also ran a removal tool for the virus that said there was no infection. Thanks for the help again. Di. :)

11. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

It looked as if F-Secure worked as it should. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.