New ID/Password not working

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by cdarren, Sep 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdarren

cdarren Registered Member

I purchased a 2 year renewal for NOD32 yesterday. I typed in the new username and password and NOD accepted it and all ways good (the tray icon went back to green). Fast forward 24 hours and I come home and NOD says it can not update virus signatures because the username/pword is being rejected. I tried inputting it several times, no joy.

I am running Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1 - up to date will all patches. I am using NOD32 v 4.2.71.2. I was told my renewal licenses would work for NODv4. I do not run v5 because it interferes with the QNAP admin pages of my NAS boxes.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Regards
    cdarren

2. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  3. cdarren

Thank you for the reply. I tried solution 1 and it did not work. I then tried solution 2 and it did not work. The third solution is to uninstall and reinstall and it is too late at night to do that, so I guess that is what I will try next unless you or some other generous soul has a better idea. With my luck the problem will remain after the reinstall.

One thing to note, the procedure you linked me too was for ""error downloading update file" message. I don't actually see that message, maybe it goes by too quick, what I get is a "Virus signature database update failed" error, with a explanation below it in a light red background color "Virus signature database could not be updated" and then a line beneath that one that says "Invalid Username and/or Password."

I am using CTRL C and CTRL V directly from the email that ESET sent me so I do not believe I am making a stupid error in entering my username/password.

Regards
    cdarren

4. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

If your attempt to uninstall/reinstall still fails to resolve the issue for you, please submit a support case online with ESET Customer Care or give them a call at 619-630-2300 (M-F, 6am-6pm PT).

5. cdarren

It is fixed. I did nothing. Today when I got home I tried it one more time and it updated. My NODs servers were a bit behind at it took a bit over 2 days to get my pword into their systems. Thanks for the help.

Regards
    cdarren

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.