New here

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Dragonchaser, Jun 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragonchaser

Dragonchaser Registered Member

Recommended by a friend - just to say hello and learn a few things as I am new to computing well just on a year getting a little more serious now and interested in security. Just hope I'm in the right spot cos couldn't find an introduce yourself one.

However I did notice on registering that refs to malware is not allowed does this mean if I need advice on a particular scan pick up one cannot post it for advice or comment. I just want to do the right thing thats all.

2. Zorak

Zorak Registered Member

Welcome Dragonchaser, good to have another aussie on board!

My understanding is that links to malware sites or examples of malware are not permitted, as the host for this forum does not allow it. The forum also doesn't provide a diagnosis service for people with malware infections. See this https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=42148 for a list of some other sites which may help to diagnose suspicous scans.

I've found this forum to be most useful in helping me keep abreast of what security issues and solutions are available, as well as assisting me to understand how they work. Only by educating ourselves can we arrive at the correct set-up for our own unique needs.

Hope you enjoy your stay :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.