New hardware install - Reinstall Backup ?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by PolarLighting, Aug 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PolarLighting

PolarLighting Registered Member

Has anyone been able to install a new motherboard and using the Recovery feature in Paragon (free edition) restore you're system completely, without having to reinstall any thing including the OS ? I'm looking for such an option without the need to completely reinstall the OS and all Software just install your Backup from Paragon and you're done.

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

PolarLighting

You can restore Paragon backup, but you will need to use P2P Adjust OS wizard, which is not available in Free editions, to add drivers for new motherboard.

3. PolarLighting

PolarLighting Registered Member

Let me verify this as I've been told in the past this can't be done. If installed P2P Adjust OS Wizard and have a backup of my complete system, after installing a new motherboard I could just reinstall the backup and use P2P to add drivers to the new motherboard, without any hassle and within minutes the system would boot up with new hardware recgonized ?

4. Paragon_MattK

Paragon_MattK Paragon Moderator

PolarLighting,

Yes, the P2P Adjust OS wizard will allow you to reset the Windows hardware profile and inject new drivers for your mainboard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.