New hard Drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by buckeye44044, Feb 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

If you have duplicates of hard drives or cdroms,etc. it is hightly probable that your bios has a setting whereby you choose the specific drive and it will even list its serial number. Have you thoroghly checked your bios options to make absolutely certain you do not have such an option? Boot drive is not chosesn by its drive letter. I have such a choice for my 4 hard drives. As for my burners, both show and whichever has the BootCD in its tray becomes the chosen boot device.

2. Dave49

Dave49 Registered Member

dbknox, you are right about that. At least I get to boot from one of my DVD drives. I'm thankful for that.

GroverH, I have not checked my BIOS for that specific screen. I will try to remember to check that on my next reboot. But I do remember the boot order screen. As far as optical drives, it just has one listing for CD/DVD drives. And I can set them (together) in whatever boot order I want.

~Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.