New hard drive - unable to restore images

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Chris Walker, Aug 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Walker

Chris Walker Registered Member

Hi,

If anyone can help I would be most grateful. My computer failed. The hard disk has been replaced. I run true image 9. have booted with the rescue disk and tried to restore an image (I have them on CD, DVD and an iomega external drive. When TI runs from the rescue disk it does not show my CD & DVD drives so I am unable to select them for restoration. It does show my external hard drive and I am able to select the folder containing an image. unfortunately when I select it the next button remains unavailable and I cannot proceed to the next step.

I have tried reinstalling TI. I insert my registration number and it says I upgraded from an earlier version and I must insert that registration number as well. Unfortunately I do not have that number.

Any help which will get me out of my predicament will be warmly appreciated.

Chris.

2. dld

dld Registered Member

Did you try going to the Acronis website here and open your account (top right corner), then click on Registered Products. In the right pane of the next window you will be able to login and then your registered products and registration numbers will show up.

3. Chris Walker

Chris Walker Registered Member

Thanks dld. this worked, have installed the full version of TI9 and I am most grateful. I can now get at all my images apart from the most recent, which is on my external iomega drive. I can pick the drive to restore from but the next button remains unavailable. Any help would be much appreciated.

Chris.

4. dld

dld Registered Member

You say you can select the folder containing an image. Does your image have a .tib extension?

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Chris,

Can you also advise which build of TI 9.0 you have now got installed, the build the bootable rescue CD was created with and the build you used to create your most recent image on the Iomega drive.

Regards

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Chris Walker,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please make sure that the bootable CD is created with the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Please also note that you should select the archive you wish to restore as well.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.