New hard drive - must it be formatted before cloning to it?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Wedge1, May 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rafael

rafael Registered Member

I have had this missising or corrupt hall.dll in one of my friends' computer. I used google search to know what this means , how to repair and where to download this file. I ended up reformatting his hard drive, however, since he had problems which this missing hal.dll could not correct.

2. Computer1

Computer1 Registered Member

Just wanted to provide you guys an update: I slaved the imaged drive to another computer (was able to read from it this time) and edited the boot.ini file. Changed partition(2) to partition(1) on two instances and then I was finally able to boot. Don't know why it was changed and I know that my old drive (that I initially made the image backup from) didn't have two partitions... in any case, I was able to get back up and running.

Thank you all for your help :) I've definitely learned some lessons during this little ordeal... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.