New Google Privacy Policy Still Worries Critics

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by ronjor, Oct 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Story

2. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Those who feel especially paranoid about Google (who, me?) may wish to check out Scroogle instead (it scrapes up to 100 results from Google). The Castlecops thread Is my ISP being too intrusive? has some other good alternatives.

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Of course Google may use it :D . That's the future : personal advertising on PC. No way to stop this.
    Anything I read or any incident about this, points in that direction.

I'm looking forward to the new definitions of adware/spyware created by the members of the Anti-Spyware Coalition :
    "We decided to love adware, but we hate spyware" :D

4. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

You are joking, right? Unless (until?) adware comes embedded in a PCs BIOS, blocking it will continue to be a simple matter of setting up a network filter.

5. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

No, I'm not joking, I'm dead serious about this, which doesn't mean I like it
    and I explained this already several times at Wilders.
    I don't expect that people believe me, I'm just sharing my opinion.

There was a time that advertising was NOT allowed on TV in Belgium. I grew up without advertising on TV and now every TV station advertises between programs or inside programs and EVERYBODY ACCEPTED THIS.
    Somewhere in the future, I don't know when, advertising on PC will be a fact and accepted by everybody.
    Personal Advertising is a gold-mine for businessmen and much better than General Advertising on TV.

THIS generation of users is against advertising on PC, like many people were against advertising on TV.
    THIS generation doesn't live forever and TIME changes everything, even people.
    I have read an article about students at SWI, who didn't care about adware because they got freeware in return.
    That will happen more and more in the new generations.
    Most adware programs are annoying and aggressive, but that can be changed by adware-makers in the future.

You are a security expert, so you have the knowledge to stop advertising on PC.
    The majority of the users is not like you and there are about 500-600 million computer world-wide.
    Not that much considering the world population (6 billion) but big enough for businessmen to make a fortune and personal advertising will be a big help to make that possible.
    Users are born to complain without any results and in the end they will accept it like always. I've seen this sooo many times in my life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.