New Form Of Trojan?

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by CCasmore, Jun 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CCasmore

CCasmore Registered Member

When running AVG I came upon the following:
    Trojan Horse Downloader.Inservice.I
    Now as this writes itself to my Recycler file. I have three such files. I did the following: 1. I turned off System Restore, ran AVG then ran Stinger. Stinger found one trojan but it was not one of the three that were on AVG's test.
    As it was on the Recycler file, I was not able to delete it. So I rebooted system and tried again, the file is still there. Do you think that I would have any luck using a program like Boclean? Or would I just be wasting my money?
    Could anybody advise me what to do?!

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there, and welcome.
    Of course good anti-trojan special software is never a waste, but the question is what you need on your system and if you like it.
    BOClean has a good money-back policy though, and there are others with a free evaluation for 30 days to try it on your system.

If you choose to try TDS from www.diamondcs.com.au after install and reboot get back to the download page and get the latest update before you do your first full system scan. (close as many other applications and most certainly all other scanners so TDS has free access to everywhere) sit back to drink your coffee and post the scan results here (rightclick one of the alerts in the bottomconsole, save to text and past that overview)

For your problem first let's have a look at your HijackThis log, can you please follow instructions step #2 from this thread [thread]15913 [/thread] how to post your log?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.