New Firefox Problems.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by encus, Dec 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. encus

encus Registered Member

Hi.

Due to a problem I had with my computer, I uninstalled Firefox and reinstalled it back again with version 16.0.1.

I've noticed that there is no more option to put the Tab below the Address Bar.
    Also the Addons Bar (example : AdBlock Plus) is now located above the Windows Quick Launch Bar (it used to be located next to the Address Bar).

Are these normal?

Thanks a lot.

2. Adric

Adric Registered Member

To move the tabs below the toolbar look
    here.

To get your status bar back you need to install the Status-4-Evar Addon
    here.

3. encus

encus Registered Member

Is there any other option to make the AdBlock Plus addon so it can be located next to the address bar without ever installing another addon you mentioned?

Thanks.

4. imdb

imdb Registered Member

c'mon encus, this is firefox we're talkin bout here, not some "do-not-modify-or-you-ll-get-sued" thang.
    of course there's a way to do that. in fact there's a way to do everything in firefox if you know how to do it!
    anyway, here's how you get what you want:
    1. right click on navigation toolbar
    2. click "add-on bar" in the context menu
    3. make sure that "show in add-on bar" option is active/ticked in abp options thru add-ons menu of firefox
    4. left click on "abp" symbol located on add-on bar down below around status bar and drag and drop it wherever you'd like it to be
    5. that's all
    cheers

5. encus

encus Registered Member

Thanks a lot, imdb :D .

6. imdb

imdb Registered Member

you're welcome, buddy.

7. gugarci

gugarci Registered Member

I have ABP right behind the address bar and I'm using 17.01. Click on customize and move ABP behind or in front of the address bar.

8. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

I agree 100% and why I love Ff but "listen" to what just happened! I didn't really need/want to change anything but thought I'd read the two links in post #2 to see if there was anything I could learn. The first link included this about W7 thumbnails. So I go to "browser.taskbar.previews.enable" and it is already toggled false. Now I'm thinking I made a mistake so I minimize about:config and double check the instructions. Long story short doing that caused me to lose MSN, my home page. All it would do is open a blank page with what appeared to look like a registry file. I tried Yahoo from one of my tabs and it worked. Anyway, MozBackup saved the day as I always do that Sundays preceding a full PC image.

9. encus

encus Registered Member

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.