Mozilla Firefox Browser Stable Version Releases

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by JRViejo, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Yes, I would recommend PrefBar as well. :thumb:

2. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

3. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Yes, I now understand how/what you mean, sorry for being thick. And the reason why we don't get any suggestions from the Location bar is that both you and I use Private mode, always. So no history is saved in the browser. But I had no idea about that history was needed for the suggestions to work in the Location bar, until Brummelchen mentioned that. I have now updated to 45.0, and so far so good.

4. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

My friend, you are one of the nicest persons I met in the internet. I am very proud to call you my friend, and you definitively were not being thick. Maybe my post that you quoted was a little rough (maybe due to language barrier), and I meant nothing bad with it. I am sorry if it sounded bad.

And yes, if we don't save history and untick the Location options that I mentioned earlier, we wont get any kind of suggestions out of the Location bar. Thats my experience. Brummelchen:cool: was more clear in his post about the effect of saving history than me.

By the way, I also updated to Firefox 45 and all seems good here as well.:)

Bo

5. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

6. imdb

imdb Registered Member

mind if i ask why you have third party cookies set to always accept?

7. bo elam

When I close my sandboxed Firefox, all cookies get deleted. Cookies that get installed remain only for the session. If I search my computer for cookies, I ll find none. :)

Bo

8. SweX

SweX Registered Member

You're too kind my friend. I can only say the same about you.
    No, you did absolutely not sound bad in any way. No problem. :cool:
    I didn't mean that you were hard to understand or something like that, only that I could have been a bit thick when I read the post, it happens to me sometimes ;)

But it's nice we got it all worked out in the end so I/we know how it works, but that may change in the future of course, cause you never know what Mozilla got up their sleeves.

9. imdb

imdb Registered Member

yea, i see that. as seen in the screenshot, your ff is set to clear history when closed. but why do you allow third party cookies? some websites break when third party cookies blocked? because it's generally considered good practice to block third party cookies, even for the current session.

10. Adric

Adric Registered Member

When I go to the webpage to download Firefox in a specific language, I always get offered 43.0.1 even though the link shows 45.0. Anyone know what might be causing this? It doesn't matter which language. I tried different ones such as en-US etc. I can get it from pub, but when I use the normal website, I get an old download.
    FFDl.jpg

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  11. TheWindBringeth

TheWindBringeth Registered Member

Probably serving you that because it thinks you are using XP SP2.

Edit:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/thr...-version-released.361562/page-37#post-2572203
    https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/get-latest-version-firefox-windows-xp-vista
    https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1101792

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  12. Adric

Adric Registered Member

OK, I wasn't aware of this. I have XP SP3 with POSReady 2009 enabled.. Did Mozilla officially drop Firefox support for XP after 43.0.1? I don't remember seeing anything about that. I currently share Firefox on all my systems. This will be a problem, if newer versions of FF no longer work on XP. The internal updater still let's me use the latest, so I guess it's still supported. Seems silly to block the normal download when it can still be downloaded from other Mozilla sources..

13. TheWindBringeth

TheWindBringeth Registered Member

Didn't see your edit when I wrote this...

You can reread what I said and check out those links if you want. Or use a different browser to download. Or another way:

1) about:config
    2) Edit, or create if necessary, the string pref general.useragent.override with value: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:43.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/43.0
    3) Restart browser, may be necessary
    4) Try your download again, should get latest because 6.1 (Windows 7) detected
    5) Restore general.useragent.override to your desired value or reset the pref to go back to default

The latest will work on XP SP3. I doubt POSReady 2009 would be a problem, but don't blame me if it is.

As to your edit: I think the server can't differentiate between SP2 and SP3 using user agent string. The internal updater, however, can detect the OS SP level.

14. Adric

Adric Registered Member

Thanks, I did read through the links. Since I use W7 most of the time, that is usually where I download Firefox from when there's an update. I then use that installer on all systems. I just happened to be on XP when I noticed the blocking. I guess the web-lackeys have too much time on their hands for stunts like this..

15. bo elam

Cookies, don't bother me. I don't do things just because.

Bo

16. bo elam

Hi Adric, I see same behavior in my XP SP3 desktop. The internal updater lets me update to latest version. But I noticed after reading your post and clicking the link below, that 43.0.1 is the version that gets served. In W7, I get version 45 using same link.
    https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/

Bo

17. Adric

Adric Registered Member

Mozilla.org is simply wasting peoples time with these kind of actions. Now that I'm aware of the situation, I will no longer try and download Firefox updates with XP or just use http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/ if need be.

18. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

19. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

20. Alhaitham

Alhaitham Registered Member

21. bo elam

22. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

23. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

JR, thank you all good to load ;)

24. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

25. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

I just received FF 45.0.1.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.