New Firefox 0.9

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by samol, Jun 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samol

samol Registered Member

I upgrade Mozilla Firefox version .08 to .09 and everything works fine - except Spywareblaster (and Roboform but that's another matter)

Spywareblaster message says that Mozilla/Firefox is not installed. Says not detected - and there are no Mozilla/Firefox user profiles on your computer (for this account)

The Firefox 0.9 User Profile PATH is different from .08 and this is most likely the reason Spywareblaster won't work with .09. (Windows/Application Data - now in directory Mozilla rather than Phoenix)

Will Spywareblaster be updated to recognize the new path?

Love your software by the way. Don't want to go on the internet without the protection it provides.

Thank you

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

3. samol

samol Registered Member

Hi LowWaterMark,

Thanks for the quick response. Waiting on 3.2.

From the link you provided.

"Not at all. I have tons of upgrades and enhancements planned for SpywareBlaster, as well as a new version (3.2) due out soon that should fix most of the remaining problems people are having, and add Firefox 0.9 support."
    Javacool

4. se666

se666 Registered Member

HI,
    i too just got Firefox 0.9 im having the same problem as samol but there is something esle bothering me when i try to update swb it says
    Error Connecting to update server

There was an error getting the update information file from the server. The server may be temporarily unavailable, or there may be a conflict with firewall software on your PC. The update may have also gotten corrupted during download.

Im new to firefox Having just switched from IE the thing is i never had this problem with IE . Is there something i have to configure? or am i just being paranoid?

sorry if this has already been covered im new here too

5. ningning0

ningning0 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.