New FBI Documents Provide Details on Government’s Surveillance Spyware

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by lotuseclat79, Apr 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

2. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Yeah thanks :thumb: heard of it before !

CIPAV = https://www.wilderssecurity.com/search.php?searchid=4083417

Well that's not what know as a "web bug" = 1 pixel spy

3. nix

nix Registered Member

Great update. Some relevant quotes, though the whole thing is worth reading:

4. Searching_ _ _

Searching_ _ _ Registered Member

If you want to see how the FBI protects the world from child predators check out a video called "Conspiracy of Silence". It includes an interview with former CIA director Bob Woolsey.

Reading the EFF info it states CIPAV is installed through social engineering by getting a user to click on a link in e-mail or whereever.

5. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Who knew? Pretty much every intelligent skeptical person

6. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Another reason not to click links :D
    Anyways, who wants to know about me . . . No one xD
    Or i'm wrong? Naaah, i still believe if they want info about me, just come and ask me d00d. So much easier :)

7. caspian

caspian Registered Member

OMG I just looked up that documentary. I didn't watch it but I read the summary. That sounds to freaky to be true. I am going to download it later and watch it.

8. caspian

caspian Registered Member

Oh well that looks like it answers the "can anyone get your MAC address" question.

I assume that Sandboxie and/or Returnil would prevent this web bug from permanently installed. However, if it was implanted in a music file or something like that that a person saves, then I guess it would be installed and no one would know.

I save all of my music and movies on an external hard drive. If it was in a music file, would it still install from an external HD?

Oh, and I am assuming that it is not just the FBI looking for hard core criminals that will have access to this technology. There is a service called didtheyreadit.com that will send you a person's IP address when they open an email that you send. http://www.didtheyreadit.com/

9. nix

nix Registered Member

Cloneranger addresses the pixel spy above. There might be old threads here that address Read Notify and trackers. Maybe he (or someone else) can refer you to one.

10. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

@ Searching_ _ _

I saw the video "Conspiracy of Silence" linked to on - http://www.infowars.com - last year & watched it :eek: Made by a regional UK TV company & banned in the USA, wonder why ? NOT

The last thing it's about is the FBI/CIA etc protecting Anyone, except themselves & their paymasters & "friends" etc ! People should watch it, be shocked, but not surprised, because that's how it is for "them" & has been for decades, but not for much longer !

@ caspian

RE - http://www.didtheyreadit.com

If you have images blocked and/or web bugs it won't work ;) :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.