New ESS v5 user questions

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by jasonbourne, Apr 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasonbourne

jasonbourne Registered Member

Hello,

Just installed ESS ver5 earlier and have activated it Username/Password that was sent to me through email. Now I ca't help but notice that it says Trial has exprired. See image attached. Is there something wrong...? I know I have entered it correctly the first time. I repeated it and copy>paste the items needed. It still shows that though it updated and has the green arrow. You cannot update if not activated right...? Is this a GUI issue or something...?

I am also getting this warning from FF that gmail is unsecured...I cannot also connect to Gmail using other browsers...AND this was only when I installed ESSv5. I recovered an image of the previous setup with Avira IS 2012 and Comodo CIS ver5.10 and there was no error like this with the same connection.

Kindly see unsecure warning from FF and error in chrome.

Aren't there any default rules that I can use for browsers? When I was with CIS I used a default rule for browsers. I cannot find any in ESS...

Please help..

Thank you.

jason:)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I assume the trial version was first activated more than 30 days ago. However, to check this out I'd need to know your username at least.

As for the problems with opening secured sites via Firefox or Chrome, I assume you enabled SSL checking in ESET. Mozilla refuses self-signed certificates and recent versions of Chrome proactively disable the TLS False start feauture. As of the next service build, this behavior will be tolerated and SSL scanning will work fine.

3. jasonbourne

jasonbourne Registered Member

OK thanks. The gui is alright now. It reflects the correct date now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.