New Editors Choice AV at PC MAG

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by skp14, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itman

itman Registered Member

All the reviews I have read on this new version are positive. Vipre is very good against adware and spyware. GData needs no explaination.

2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I was running the previous version with real time protection enabled, and on the whole found it to be very light. I did have occasional issues with high CPU use though. The current version claims to be lighter.

A few years ago when I last tried Vipre, I too found it be very heavy - despite the claims from the publisher about it being very light. However, task manager was not showing high CPU use.

At the moment I don't want to enable real time protection as right now as doing so will install the extra components needed, and if I disable real time protection after I am done with testing it, I'm guessing they won't be removed.

There is nothing related to real time protection under the performance settings - as you can see here: http://www.softpedia.com/progScreenshots/Ad-Aware-2007-Screenshot-68528.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.