New DSA?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Yoda1953, Nov 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoda1953

Yoda1953 Registered Member

I downloaded DSA and to my surprise it wasn't version 1088 but 2.0.11.22.

Cannot find a change feature list. Any body tried it yet?

No probs with Threatfire anymore! I'm gonna hold on to this baby:)

Last edited: Nov 25, 2007
  2. QBgreen

QBgreen Registered Member

Privacyware just released this along with Privatefirewall 6. One of the changes appears to be Vista compatibility. Why not be a pioneer?! :D

3. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

Schweet! Been looking forward to this!

4. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

This app was never an option for me, especially because of the horrible GUI, so has it been improved?

5. Espresso

Same GUI.

Process detection doesn't appear to work in 2008 server (training mode is unchecked). It fails the second test in Atelier FW test which it passed in the previous version.

It still has the same "bug" of allowing a program network access if you allow it for another action first (eg. Flashget is allowed to access the net after you allow it to enter a reg entry.)

The Network Service runs in this version (It would always start and stop immediately in previous versions) at least on 2008 Server although I'm still not sure what it does. It never ran in XP and the program worked fine. It also requires that the driver be running so you can't run it driverless.

6. yankinNcrankin

yankinNcrankin Registered Member

I like the new DSA in this version I'm able to shutdown the firewall and Host games very good!

7. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Any security app & HIPS have to offer more than just Vista compatibility or for me it's nothing new at all.

So is there any other useful advantages over it's previous release because i grew weary of the last DSA very quick. It was missing some important features needed for user custom settings IMO.

8. Espresso

Not as many popups in this version, although I'm not sure why. No popups at all when I unpack installers with Universal Extractor (usually I get 2-3).

Edit: Pops up fine now for driver installation - needed a reboot after fiddling with the service.

9. Espresso

Just tried the new AWFT (v4) and it fails test 3,4, & sometimes 5. :eek:

10. Espresso

Yikes. Just did a few tests with a couple trojans and a few more leak tests and this program has serious issues, at least under Server 2008 and possibly under Vista in general. It didn't raise a peep with Prueba, XPKiller* and Zapass. I ran the same tests with the old v1.x version of DSA w/o a driver and it blocked them all.

*I'm not sure if XPKiller can even corrupt a Vista system but the v1.x DSA blocked it anyway.

11. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

Sounds like the new version is a giant step backward. I have the previous stored, but not installed. If I get the urge again, I think I'll stick with the old one until the new version proves it's ready for prime time. Too bad. It was a good little app.

12. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Hi,

In general I think "Vista ready security" is not always an improvement to XP users. Simply because XP is a more open OS than Vista, or otherway around Vista puts on more limitations to kernel access by third party programs.

13. jrmhng

jrmhng Registered Member

Well Vista support is a feature to me as I'm on Vista and have been looking to get a free behavior blocker. I've installed it ant there are no blue screens/ clashes as of yet. Not sure about its actual features.

14. Someguy

Someguy Registered Member

Did anyone try the new DSA on Windows XP yet?

Also, there is a new version 2.0.11.23.

15. Cerxes

Cerxes Registered Member

Does someone know the difference between .22 and .23? Couldn´t find any changelog at their site. Besides, I find it strange that you can´t turn off the outbound, network protection, as you can with the other protections.

/C.

16. Yoda1953

Yoda1953 Registered Member

Just downloaded and installed the so called 2.0.11.23 but the about DSA says still 2.0.11.22 o_O Don't the guys at privacyware even know which version they offer? :mad:

17. Espresso

Current download has the same hash as before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.