New Dr.Web CureIt! with efficiency improved manyfold

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by SergM, Jun 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

But in reality, who even does a full scan anymore. I find that any product that has a well set up quick scan, is sufficient the majority of the time. Web has that, as others do.

2. CogitoTesting

CogitoTesting Registered Member

Wait a minute I do. Last night I tested it in my VM with no sotware install in it and it took Dr Web Cure it over 3 hours for a full scan. To me, however good a software is, a 3 hour scan is just too much. Dr Web developers should work to speed things up a bit.

Thanks.

3. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I totally agree and was not making excuses and hopefully this will come.

4. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

I suggested to someone to do a scan of their Windows XP Home PC. I think that the PC is around 5 to 7 years old. He said that it took a little over 19 hours for the full scan. However, he said that it scanned over 600,000 files. That is a lot of files.

5. CogitoTesting

CogitoTesting Registered Member

19 hours must a world scanning record. However, the more I think of it the more I believe it is insane, wow 19 hours. Dr Web do something, please...

Thanks.

6. moontan

moontan Registered Member

no kidding!.

just restore a clean image and be done in 15 minutes for crying out loud.
    :rolleyes:

or use MBAM or HMP.

7. Kernelwars

Kernelwars Registered Member

When I have to use cureit I always use ccleaner before it and do a quick scan.. :D yet to let me down:thumb:

8. Judge Dee

Judge Dee Guest

I've stopped using it when I help people out at their home where a full scan is necessary. The last time I used it, my whole afternoon was shot!
    If it were my own computer in my own home, maybe I wouldn't care as much.

9. TheKid7

Correction:

I asked him again for more details. It turns out that when the DrWeb Cureit scanner would stop and prompt on a file there were numerous long periods of time before he got back to the PC to decide what to do about the file. He said that from start to finish was around 21 hours. However, he had numerous prompts on various files. He thinks that if he had stayed with the PC, the total scan time would have been several hours rather than 21 hours. He said that all possibly malicious files found were Adware files, Suspicious files (i.e., discount coupon exe's that contained a dll file, Remote Admin related files, etc.) He said that no high risk files such as Viruses, Trojans, Rootkits, etc. were found.

10. carat

carat Guest

Is the latest version faster? :doubt:

11. TheKid7

Is there a new version of Dr.Web Cureit? I had heard of one being Beta Tested a few months ago.

12. TheKid7

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.