New Customor Questions

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by xMarkx, Dec 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hey Everyone!

I'm new to these forums, and I'm thinking of becoming a potential ESET customor in the next few weeks (or sooner) before Christmas. I have McAfee right now and I'm tired of the amount of system resources it requires, its slow scanning speeds, and the automatic updates never working. (NOD32 = Christmas gift to myself :])

I've decided to probably get ESET NOD32 Antivirus because my friend recommended it! He has Smart Security but he said the firewall has a lot of bugs so I should get the antivirus... is this true??

I have some questions before I buy, though:

1 My current AV is McAfee. How do I completely uninstall it so it won't conflict with the NOD32 installation? I once had F-Secure on my old Windows XP computer and when I went to Add or Remove Programs to uninstall it, it messed my machine up (couldn't connect to internet... had to give it to my friend to fix it).

2 I'm using Windows Vista [Home Premium, 32-bit] SP1. Does anyone know if Windows Defender conflicts with NOD32 Antivirus? Should I disable it and just have NOD32 or should I keep both running?

3 If I buy NOD32 Antivirus, does that mean I can install either v2.7 or v3.0 or do I have to get v3.0 (I would like to get the latest version, but just in case it doesn't work I want a backup and I'm just curious)

4 What's easier: purchasing the product and then downloading it? Or downloading the trial and then purchasing it? But if I download the trial and then purchase it, does that mean I won't be getting FULL protection since it's the trial version?

Thanks!

I'm not sure if 4 questions is too much for one thread but if it is then... what should I do?

2. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

1. you could try uninstaller like revo uninstaller
    2. disable windows defender to prevent conflict
    3. you can use your username & password on version 2.7 or 3 but version 3 has more feature than version 2.7
    4. trial version have same features as full version.

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Morning xMarkx,
    to remove mcafee fully on vista read this page

scroll down until you see the heading
    Removal through the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel
    then read through.

but download eset nod32 3.0 first.

windows defender in vista has no conflicts with nod32 so keep it enabled.

im not an eset customer so dont know about the so called issues with the firewall.
    the issues may be fixed later on with v3 or fixed in v4.
    if you can tell us what issues in more detail?

4. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

You guys are telling me different things o_O

5. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

I disabled Windows Defender for the NOD32 installation and was going to reenable afterwards but it reenabled itself after install... is this normal?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.