New connections to 62.189.194.207 ?

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by CloneRanger, Nov 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

It isn't, but from the name, I'd have to assume it is a global DNS provider (which could be called by Prevx if you have it configured as your primary DNS provider).

2. Fad

Fad Registered Member

Thanks Joe...it does appear to be some kind of DNS - just wondered if it was anything to do with Px as it had the "csi" before it.

I don`t have it manually configured anywhere.

Thanks for clearing that up :thumb:

---------
    After more checking, it appears to be something to do with this from what I can find:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc766017(WS.10).aspx

3. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Really ! i find it a bit odd some of the connections you use :p Not saying anything nefarious etc is going on by Prevx, but if you're using companies like them to route our DNS etc checks to/through, then they get to LOG those www's = :eek:

I know you recently stated to me that Prevx does NOT keep logs of our visited www's, but i bet they keep logs via you. Not that they could directly link those requests back to us, but if their log software Auto alerts to "certain" www's they and/or Others :D could then compell you to start logging/tracing etc !

Now i'm NOT personally concerned for me, but just out of general interest why couldn't you use your own DNS or another "Reliable" dedicated DNS for lookups ? I wouldn't have thought Amazon etc were DNS services ?

Hope you understand what i'm trying to say :)

You mean, Sneak through :p :D

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

They can't - these servers are run by us and everything is encrypted between the client/server. I suppose the same level of "snooping" could potentially happen if someone at your ISP was intercepting communications, but unless you connect an ethernet cable directly to the end website's server at their datacenter, you won't be able to get a completely "pure" connection :D

There are many more checks taking place than just a simple DNS lookup so we can't just host a DNS server (as there has to be additional logic in place).

No :p If you don't allow Prevx through manually, it won't work at all :p There is no sneaking going on :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.