New Computer: Best Approach for Purchase and Install?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by mlittle1105, Jan 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mlittle1105

mlittle1105 Registered Member

Hello everyone,

I have ESET NOD32 installed on my desktop. Today, I purchased a new laptop and I would like to know if there is a way to extend my 1-user license to 2-users and then install ESET NOD32 on the new unit. Does anyone know if there is some way to do this, or must I purchase a whole new license for the new computer?

Thanks.

2. Zyrtec

Zyrtec Registered Member

Hi,

I believe that the EULA (End User License Agreement) for ESET NOD32 Antivirus is 1 License per workstation or laptop. Thus, you only can run NOD32 v.4 on ONE computer/laptop. You want to run it on another PC or laptop? Then you MUST uninstall NOD32 on that PC and transfer the license to another PC/laptop.

Regards,

Carlos

3. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

I think you just purchase a new license. There seems to be very little (if any) discount for "bulk purchases".

(Yesterday I added 15 licenses to our existing 100 license, and I'd have been as well just buying 15 individual licenses).

Jim

4. dr pan k

dr pan k Registered Member

depends on the country. in several eu countries u get 3 licenses at discount price.. check y local dealer

5. mlittle1105

Thanks for the replies, everyone. Ok, so I bought a new desktop today (old one crashed) so I'd like to know if there is a way for me to transfer the license from the old desktop to the new one. I tried installing the trial version and then selecting "Upgrade to Full Version" from the control panel (and entered the username and pw sent to me by ESET previously) but it did not work.

What am I missing here? There's no way for me to deauthorize or access the old computer... it is completely kaput (2nd one in three weeks to die!).

Thanks.

6. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi mlittle1105

Just install the full version on your New Computer [desktop] using the same User Name and Serial Number that you used on the old desktop, as it is now not in use.

Take Care
    TheQuest :cool:

7. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello mlittle1105,

You need a license for each machine that you wish to install an ESET security product. Our sales team can assist you with purchasing a new license and you can ask them if it is possible to bundle your licenses together. Their contact information is below.

Toll Free. +1 (866) 343-ESET [3738]
    Tel. +1 (619) 876-5400

If the case is that you're no longer going to use your license on the other computer and want to install an ESET security product on your new machine, you can transfer the license. If the original computer is still in use, uninstall your ESET security product from it. When downloading to your new computer, first try to copy and paste the username and the password. If that does not work, you will need to type them in exactly as you see them. Remember that they are case sensitive. If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Thank you,
    Richard

8. TheQuest

Hi Rmuffler

He mlittle1105 wrote

Otherwise I would not have told him, and what you have also told him to do.

Take Care

9. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

10. mlittle1105

So if a computer has crashed, there is no way for me to transfer the license? Sorry, but that's just not right. It seems like software companies ought to have some means for extending an existing license to a new unit in cases where the old one can't be accessed. For instance, I know that Adobe does. They had all of my software licenses transferred and activated for me inside of ten minutes. Charging me to another whole new license is just adding insult to injury. Just my opinion. :'(

11. TheQuest

Hi mlittle1105

Please read the answers you have been given again.

You will see you have been told that you can transfer your license.

Take Care

12. Rmuffler

Hello mlittle1105,

I apologize if I stated it in a confusing manner. You can transfer your license to your new machine. Since your other machine is no longer operational, you do not need to worry about uninstalling from it. Use your current username and password to download and install on your new machine. I stated the other details because we are required to inform customers that they cannot run one license on two machines at the same time. I hope this cleared it up.

Thank you,
    Richard

13. mlittle1105

Not entirely sure what you mean by "just install the full version." On the web site, it gives you two options: BUY NOW and FREE TRIAL. If you are saying that I should download the FREE TRIAL and then use the same username and serial number to activate it, I have already tried that and it did not work.

14. mlittle1105

Download it from WHERE? As I mentioned to the other poster, I have already tried to download it from the FREE TRIAL link and then activate with existing username and password and it does not work. Please advise.

Thank you.

15. mlittle1105

This issue now appears to be resolved. Thank you.

16. Rmuffler

Hello,

The ESET product download page is located here for North America:
    http://www.eset.com/download/index.php

Those outside of North America may get redirected to the ESET website for their region. This product download page link may help others who come across this thread.

Thank you,
    Richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.