New Comodo is out: 2.3.4

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by brjoon1021, Sep 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trojan

trojan Registered Member

This new build is a great improvement , the gui runs very smooth now feels light and quick ,the last build was a bit laggy . I like the way there is a system try icon for the firewall gui, i allways previously disabled the try icon and ran the gui from cpf.exe as a quicklaunch, the main try icon is just an annoying advert thing like macfee do with their security center. The ability to choose how "noisy" the alerts are is a good feature, can be as paranoid as jetico or as silent as za , general cosmetic improvements make it even more n00b friendly i have recomended this firewall to many people, what a great firewall this is and it seems to be getting better, i choose comodo over many others that i also have like outpost jetico look n stop tiny , keep up the good work:cool:

2. brjoon1021

brjoon1021 Registered Member

Yep, I like it too.

3. Melih-Comodo

Melih-Comodo Former Poster

Wait and see the innovation we will bring into CPF! Hopefully you will change your mind about the above statement then ;-)

Melih

4. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

:D

Well, I said that because what I saw about the new incoming version of Outpost PRO :)

But I believe in you because I see all the effort that Comodo Team are doing to make this firewall as best as possible.
    Besides that, you have the great advantage, in relation to the others companies, that is: you listen the users and really support them... ;)

Great job!

5. Melih-Comodo

Melih-Comodo Former Poster

Thanks VaMPiRiC_CRoW
    We will do our best not to disappoint our users!

Melihs

6. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

Hi Melih,

While I realize that the new version allows users to "disable" Launch Pad, will the next release of Comodo Personal Firewall still mandatorily include the Launch Pad? Or will that be changed to accomodate the many users who want to see it as an "option" during installation?

Congrats and good job on your latest release of CPF, and please keep up the good work! :thumb:

7. luckykar

luckykar Registered Member

I would just like to say thanks for this very nice firewall it was a breeze to setup and use.

cheers

8. justin1278

justin1278 Registered Member

Glad you like it! Comodo is already working on the 2.4 beta! Oh and the CAVS 2.0 will be released next month so keep your eyes open for that!

9. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

i think comodo is better than outpost atleast on terms of usability.
    Outpost 4 now with proactive defense and what no,slows down pc,gives too many prompts..
    comodo has always been nice on my pc,with i think the best GUI and a very good support.
    kudos to comodo.

10. so.fongy

so.fongy Registered Member

I keep downloading version 1 instead of 2.3. Anyone know what the problem is?

11. Demoras

Demoras Registered Member

Lol, yeah, my computer is slow at times. Why? Microsoft Windows ;) And no I don't have dual core.

@so.fongy:
    A lot of people on the Comodo forums also have this issue, I believe. Some said completely uninstalling CPF, downloading the setup.exe again (I recommend trying to clear your internet cache before that) and trying to install again works.
    If that doesn't work, well, I think you should try the CPF forums :p

12. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

The digital signature of the file is dated 1 Sept 2006. It is the same old link for 2.2.

13. Clweb

Clweb Registered Member

Maybe you should clear the Internet temporary files in your browser.

14. trojan

trojan Registered Member

Its no real drama just disable clp tray in msconfig and launch the firewall gui as a quicklaunch from cpf.exe, have always dones this on all builds makes life easer:D

15. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

Launchpad can already be disabled as the firewall now has its own tray icon you can disable it by...

1.Right click launchpad then click options
    2.Uncheck the box that says "Start Comodo Launchpad On Windows Startup"
    :thumb:

Sorry i think he meant will it actually come with the installer instead of having to disable it.

16. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

This new Comodo Firewall installed well.

On XP Home with 512mb RAM it's using just under 24,000 K.

17. Jarmo P

Jarmo P Registered Member

Not good first impressions:
    http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=23287.msg192283#msg192283

Anyone else having troubles with avast's proxies with Comodo?

18. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

19. pykko

pykko Registered Member

I think Comodo is the best firewall around and it's FREE!
    I"ve tested it with all the leak-tests I have and passed them all! :thumb:

The new version is even lighter then the previous one: only 14 MB RAM. Good work Comodo team! :)

20. cprtech

cprtech Registered Member

I don't know if I'm ready yet to declare Comodo the best firewall, because I have only been trialing this latest version since earlier today. I am a serious fan of Outpost Pro, ver 3.51, but I wanted to try Comodo because of all the hype it has been getting, especially in this forum.

Thus far I am extremely impressed with what I am seeing from it. I have the Alert frequency level set to Very High, so the warnings are numerous to say the least :) I find setting up rules to be quite cumbersome because it does not allow me to set up port ranges on the fly; I have to go in after the fact to fine-tune the rules on this. I also wish it would log as clearly as Outpost does, especially with concern to network traffic.

I threw all kinds of leak tests at it and Comodo thwarted them easily. In all, the defenses this firewall places on the system look to be awesome. After spending some quality time playing around with this fw, I will have more to say.

One question: Does anyone know if a configuration file - especially for rules - can be saved in case the fw requires re-installation. i would hate to have to re-create all these rules again :eek:

Thank you in advance.

21. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Fellow Creatures,
    I loaded it yesterday, after removing McAfee Personal Firewall which included a registry clean of broken or useless keys. There were not that many. :)

Then I decided to turn off the Launch Pad by clicking tray icon and options and not to launch at start up and then rebooted a second time.

At reboot McAfee stated "Suspicious file recommend Virus scan". I did and it was clean no PUP on infections detected. During all this time BoClean never complained at all. :p McAfee fluke. I guess. I run McAfee with heuristics off.

This firewall so far has operated flawlessly, nice interface everything handy; one click at most to get to what you want to see. McAfee you have to click all over the place it seems not nearly as laid out as nice. Easy to set up too. Still messing with it and evaluating it so...

It's a keeper on my family machine. :) :thumb:

22. waters

waters Registered Member

What about rules for bittorrent etc.Are there any presets,or do you have to create .

23. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

I had no problem at all, no need to create a special rule.

24. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

25. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Just in case you are interested, Comodo launch pad can be removed by going to program files and clicking on comodo and you will see two folders one for comodo and one for launch pad. Just delete the launch pad folder and launch pad won't bother you again. I did this several days ago and the firewall still works just fine, it doesn't miss launch pad at all. It works perfect for me but if it doesn't for you you might have to reinstall it, but I don't see that happening as it has worked perfectly on three comps I have done it to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.