New COMODO FW + AV beta, anyone willing to test?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Happy-Dude, Sep 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arran

arran Registered Member

I can't get to the thread on the comodo forums says thread no longer exists,

so is it not possible for anyone else to try the beta??

2. Adric

Adric Registered Member

You need to be logged on to get access to the beta forums. If you don't have a forum Uid, then you will need to register.

Al

3. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Just downloaded fine here.Minus firewall and Disabled real time AV for Hips only.

4. Kyle1420

Kyle1420 Registered Member

Hey John just wanted to let you know that the HIPS and FIREWALL component of CIS are not in beta, It's just the AV.

5. Dark Shadow

Did not no that I thought the whole suite was but thanks for the heads up.Edit sig removed BETA

6. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

Well am using the av right now and don't see a reason not to. It gave me only 1 fp wich is good, scanning time isnt as fast as claimed on the comodo forums but better then some others whove been longer in this game so kudos. Only things i personally dont like are the gui, even though its easy to use n clear for things to find when i install only av i expect all the defense+, firewall tabs not to be there. Also it would be advisable not to have auto remove threats after scan ticked incase of an fp. Oh yer its light 2, cant feel a thing yo :D Seems stable if you ask me.

Also shopping,Weather,etc browser tools are not appreciated.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2008
  7. 3xist

3xist Guest

Hello GES/POR.

1. You can opt out the toolbar during installation (totally optional) as well as everything else (AV, Firewall).

2. Yes, CIS does need work. It's only brand new.... (the AV Part, Integration, etc), And yes they are alot of fixes & improvements in the Firewall & Defense+ from CFP v3.0.25.378...

COMODO is still also working on their own Toolbar, Which will be optional also of course - With many improvements.

Thanks for the feedback. :)

8. Dark Shadow

I am with Ges/Por on the toolbar I am sure its safe in all but IMO should not be checked opt in by Default but may rather just offer the additional toolsbars etc.Just a thought though.

9. 3xist

3xist Guest

There are now 3 options for the Firewall (When you choose to install Firewall only upon installation).

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.