[New build] Returnil System Safe Pro 2011 RC1A

Discussion in 'Returnil Betas' started by Coldmoon, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi All,

New build available for public testing and feedback
    Returnil System Safe Pro 2011 Beta (3.2.9914) RC1A

Download: http://majorgeeks.com/Returnil_System_Safe_Pro_2011_BETA_d5841.html

Release notes (RC1 - RC1A): http://www.returnilvirtualsystem.com/products/rss/release-notes

Virus Guard

Fixes:

* Fixed service crashes when A/V updates are downloaded
    * Fixed inability to re-enable real-time protection after new A/V update has been received
    * Reduced CPU usage during certain operations

Virtual Mode

Fixes:

* Fixed BSODs and other errors that occur for mount, unmount, or remount of virtual disk on Windows Vista
    * Fixed BSOD that may occur right after entering into Virtual Mode

File Manager:

* Save folders recursively
    * Delete absent files when saving to real disk
    * Honor special file types (like hard links)
    * Display progress when files are copying

Start Virtual Mode:

* Prevent damage to real disk when Virtual Mode is active on some systems

Usability

User Interface:
    * Added support for Microsoft Active Accessibility (MSAA)
    * Enhanced Protection Sensitivity control

Localization:

* Added support for right-to-left languages

Maintenance

* Passed Microsoft Windows Software Logo Program testing

Thank you to all who sent in reports and in advance for your feedback with the new build.

Mike

Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  2. Dark Star 72

Dark Star 72 Registered Member

Mike,
    the download page at MG is showing 9914 but my download is is showing 3.2.9865.5374 when I mouse over the installer. Is this correct?

3. Coldmoon

Getting it fixed now - try again in about 40 minutes and you should get the correct build (RC1A and not RC1).

Mike

4. Coldmoon

Hi DS,
    You should get the correct build now. Please let me know if you have any further issues.

Mike

5. Dark Star 72

Mike,
    Have just downloaded from the MG link and it is still 3.2.9865.5374 :(

6. Coldmoon

Check to make sure it is not cached. I retested the link and verify that the download is build 9914.

Mike

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  7. Dark Star 72

My cache is cleared automatically when I close Firefox. However I downloaded again and it still shew 3.2.9865.5374.
    I Uninstalled the RSS beta I had installed and reinstalled the new download and under status it is showing 3.2.9914.5374-RC1A :thumb: so just a small glitch.
    Running nicely but the icon when green is hardly distinguishable from grey it is so faint. Any chance the devs could use a stronger colour green, the red is nice and bright. Do you know if the final release have three colours for the icon? I find it confusing that it is green when only the Virus Guard is enabled, if it was green only when all three modules were enabled and red only if all three were disabled and say yellow or orange when some but not all modules were enabled it would be much more informative.

8. Coldmoon

I meant with your ISP, but the situation is resolved and will update the team to investigate a potential issue when upgrading from RC1 to RC1A. I did not reproduce this result in my own testing on Win 7 and XP so it may be something specific to your system in some way.

We are going to simplify this in the final release with an option approach and then refine it later as there is still a need to get more feedback from users on what they want to see here. For the time being, you can hover your mouse over the tray icon or toolbar and get the status of the virtualization and Virus Guard.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.