New BETA: ZA ForceField 1.0.158 Toolbar

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by fax, Sep 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fax

fax Registered Member

http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/free/information/forcefield/releaseHistory.html

Features in ZoneAlarm ForceField version 1.0.158.0 Beta

• Virtual surfing creates a duplicate, disposable “you” which receives all of the Web attacks, leaving you safe to visit any website and click on any link.
    • Bank & Shop security – Multiple layers of protection safeguard the information you enter online.
    • Two-way protection not only protects your PC from Internet attacks, but also your Web session from threats already on your PC like spyware and keyloggers.
    • Private Browser lets you surf anywhere and type anything without leaving a single trace on the computer.
    • Dangerous download detector checks every file download form the Internet to make sure it’s clean.
    • Advanced anti-phishing utilizes sophisticated heuristics and the best signature system available to prevent you from visiting fraudulent websites that try to trick you into revealing personal data.
    • Anti-keylogger/screengrabber discovers and blocks silent spyware programs that try to steal your identity by recording what you type and view.
    • Website auditor checks credentials on every website to see if it’s safer to enter data or download files.
    • Spyware scanner searches for spyware on your computers.
    • Spy site blocking finds and blocks spyware distribution sites as you surf the Web.
    • Temp file encryption encrypts the temporary files that are automatically created on your PC as they type information on the Web, so you cannot be compromised by spyware on your PCs.
    • Browser exploit immunity inoculates your computer from automatic downloads and other threats that occur through the numerous browser exploits that arise each year.
    • Security Services subscription offers access to Instant ZoneAlarm ForceField along with computer backup, real-world identity theft protection, customer support and new services that are added over time.
    • Seamless – Connect and communicate the way you already do – ZoneAlarm ForceField stays out of your way.

Testing Details

Required for testing:
    Do not install this beta unless you have the following configuration:

- Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista (works but is slightly less tested and stable than on XP)
    - Internet Explorer 6/7 or Firefox 2.0 ONLY

Caution: !!! This is a beta quality software !!! Unlike a firewall product, ForceField does not interact deep in the kernel and thus should not cause significant, complex or irreversible issues on your computer. Nonetheless, this is still beta-quality software.

Cheers,
    Fax

Last edited: Sep 24, 2007
  2. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

This is from the preview in PC Magazine.

You can read the full article:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,2186628,00.asp

Last edited: Sep 24, 2007
  3. LUSHER

LUSHER Registered Member

Interesting...

Keyscrambler + Haute Secure/Sandboxie ??

Looks interestinhg

4. Sportscubs1272

Sportscubs1272 Registered Member

It slowed and stalled my IE pretty bad. I will wait for another version to use this! I will stick with Sandboxie for now.

I wonder if existing ZA users will get a discount with this new technology?

5. fax

fax Registered Member

Indeed its a beta and you should not be surprised if it is not stable... :)

I have tried in VISTA and it stalled IE7 (just removed)
    Now I have it in XP and it seems better but far from been a product near to release (IMO)

How about its ability to block bad sites and malware?? Have you tried it?
    I did a couple of test visiting questionable sites (phishing and malware related) and I got a big yellow flag warning.... so it looks like its working nicely.

Cheers,
    Fax

Last edited: Sep 25, 2007
  6. Sportscubs1272

I haven't tried it with questionable websites just yet. Does it run better with Firefox? I use Zonealarm Pro, Antivir Prem. and Prevx.

7. fax

fax Registered Member

I have just used it with firefox and it looks more stable but I am running it since just a few minutes.... so very early to assess how stable is with firefox...

I am using it with with ZASS 7. No problems so far... apart from the ZA privacy control completely muted by Forcefield but I guess this is because its creating its on encrypted environment completely separated from the default browser areas...

Consider that it will be a long beta testing with many of them since they plan to release the tool only the first quarter of 2008.

Cheers,
    Fax

8. Sportscubs1272

I just know it takes up a lot of processes for a toolbar! Hopefully, they can cut down the cost for original ZA users and I might give it a try when it comes official.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.