New Beta " Kaspersky Anti-Virus Web Scanner"

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Bo9us, Apr 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bo9us

Bo9us Guest

When I visit Kaspersky site today I found this beatific news , Kaspersky had finally a tool can scan all the Pc on line like Bitdefender Scan and the other

-------------

Kaspersky Anti-Virus Web Scanner: scan your computer for viruses on-line

Kaspersky Lab, a leading developer of secure content management systems, has opened beta-testing of a free service which allows users to scan their computers for malicious code on-line. This latest application, the Kaspersky® Anti-Virus Web Scanner, uses Microsoft ActiveX® technology and works within your web-browser.

The Kaspersky Anti-Virus Web Scanner offers convenience, the exceptional detection rates which characterize Kaspersky Lab products, cutting edge technologies and an ergonomic interface. This combination provides users with an excellent tool for combating malicious code.

Find out more about participating in our beta-testing :

http://www.kaspersky.com/beta

Beta-Testing :http://www.kaspersky.com/beta?product=161744315

2. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

can we use this product with KAV antivius as well?

3. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I couldn't get beyond the initilization stage. IE says "done" and it never installed the ActiveX component or anything. I wouldn't really want this anyhow. I don't use any online scanner because they all require IE. I don't use IE. I don't use ActiveX. (I had to turn it on for this). If I can't use the scanner from Firefox forget it. Stupid of AV companies to force users to use something as insecure as Active X.

4. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

KAV and the webscanner use the same engine and malware definitions, so both of them would detect the same things. However, the webscanner will have faster updates :D

5. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Mele20

I agree all the way with you there.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

6. VikingStorm

VikingStorm Registered Member

Is there even any other way to have a web scanner without active-x (that doesn't lag horribly)?

7. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

The online scaners are designed with the average person in mind

The average person uses IE as a browser so active X for a scanner is apropriate

Most online scanners are there as a backup and to advertise their particular antivirus

They have their uses and are very handy when a user either hasn't got an antivirus at all or something has disabled or damaged their existing AV

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.