New Backup and Recovery 10 Suite

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by dueceswild, Nov 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dueceswild

dueceswild Registered Member

I've been using this software (just released according to the web site) and have to say with a few exceptions it is very well done. It is among the most configurable pieces of software I have ever used; and for the most part very easy to use. Of course, I just do a complete image, a couple of differentials, then backup My Documents, so nothing too advanced.

The only complaint I have (very minor) is the way the archives are structured. Too many "views" to switch from, and opening the archive makes my head hurt. Maybe there is a way, but I would like to see the archive open the same way the regular file system opens, same title, same child directories, etc.

That said, all in all great piece of work Paragon. The program installs quickly, uninstalls cleanly, doesn't have any funny driver stuff, doesn't cause blue screens or mess with network connections, and is very reliable. I have made and restored from it, and didn't develop a nervous twitch wondering if it would work. Combined with the support here, I think they have a winner.

2. diabloNL

diabloNL Registered Member

Does this software replace Drive Backup Professional? I don't see Drive Backup Pro on the website anymore.

3. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

That is correct.

4. diabloNL

diabloNL Registered Member

Thanks Tommy. I purchased Drive Backup Pro 9.0 a few weeks ago and I understand from Paragon support that I have the right to a free upgrade to version 10. However, it doesn't show up in my account.

5. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Send me a private message and I will take a look in your account.

6. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

I tried briefly B&R 10 Suite -- and I think the "Full Scale Drive Backup Pro" that is included in it is the same old DB 9 Pro.

The interface is the same (it needs an update!), and I found the same problem that I have with old DB 9 Pro when I install it in Windows XP SP3: when I perform any operation, the CPU and memory use skyrocket.

For example, if I just open the Help, the CPU use goes to 60-70% and the memory use raises very fast and continuously. If I verify an image, the CPU use goes to 90-100% and I can´t do anything else in the computer. In all these cases, the process involved is launcher.exe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.