new AntiVir PE has an update reminder

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by minacross, Sep 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minacross

minacross Registered Member

cool :D

Attached Files:

• rem.jpg
      rem.jpg
      File size:
      61 KB
      Views:
  2. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

This is as old as AntiVir itself... It's just an notification for way outdated VDF signatures (14 days).

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

An update reminder is IMO an oldfashioned method.
    Updating has to be full automatic and silent in the background, once you are connected to the internet.
    Your scanner has to check automatically and regularly for updatings and if there is one the scanner has to download the updating automatically without disturbing the user.
    That is what I call service. :cool:

4. wildman

wildman Registered Member

:rolleyes: That will be the day! Do any of you really think that H+BEDV will provide any of this for it's "free" version? Hell one still has extreme difficulty just trying to gain access to it's server(s), and we have been complaining about that for years now. Just my opinion!

Thanks
    Wildman
    :eek: :p

5. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

In the words of the smart Cat... AntiVir-PEC is simply purrrrr-fect!

Updating is fast & easy. I update daily & my download speeds are never less that 250kbs. My main man is DrWeb, with AVPEC a steadfast backup. The best of all possible worlds.

Wildly speaking, some folks seem to vociferously (ad nauseum) lose their gruntle because the free lunch gets served on paper plates instead of bone china. :D

Last edited: Sep 14, 2005
  6. wildman

wildman Registered Member

:D Na it's not the setting, it's the fact that even if the food may look delicious getting it on the table hot is the desirable goal, if it is cold when one receives it the food is no longer palatable. Even food at the mission(s) is at least served hot.

Thanks
    Wildman
    ;) :D :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.