New adverts 'could track your eyes' in supermarkets

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by ronjor, Apr 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22351995

2. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

What kind of creepy overlord world are we heading into? And so many want to just shrug this stuff off like it's just advancing tech for the benefit of the world and is harmless. It isn't even just this one thing, everything around us is changing into tracking this and that. Is society really this complacent?

3. TheWindBringeth

TheWindBringeth Registered Member

Facial recognition based identification and behavioral monitor systems? Capture what information you can as people go around the store but also register actual purchases when they checkout in front of the camera? Information exchanged directly and through brokers so all participating retailers and other parties have access to the information?

Even if you went so far as to only use cash, all it would take is one slip up and your face would be in the system along with your name, address, etc. I wonder how many motor vehicle departments share photographs with third parties. How many clubs that require photo IDs share those photos with third parties. I know my doctor's office has started asking patients to have their picture taken. It is supposedly part of their "anti-insurance-abuse" effort. I'm sure the local hospital and testing department will be doing that soon enough. For the moment at least it is optional. Or so they say (they could be snapping pics anyway).

4. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

Notice how the ad industry is coming up with the most crap? Then they have the nerve to sit there and be upset because they get blocked on the web by users. They almost make government spying and shenanigans look good.

5. TheWindBringeth

TheWindBringeth Registered Member

It's pretty hard not to notice. The scale, duration, and chutzpah of their offenses is truly staggering. Hundreds of millions, possibly billions of victims year after year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.