New active infections treatment test

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by SergM, Feb 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

dont worry Jerry, I think we all know now there isnt a number 1. Even if Avira a tad, it is still better them most.

2. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thanks, Jeff. I must admit it has not shown up as well as previous tests. However, I do feel confident that Avira and MBAM will do about as well as any. She is not a risky surfer, but downloads some music I think.

Regards,
    Jerry

3. kasperking

kasperking Registered Member

hey ! jeff.... thought you'd don the doctor's avatar...

4. CogitoTesting

CogitoTesting Registered Member

Click at the very top left on the English Link and see the test that I'm talking about and pay attention to the date when the test was performed compare that to the release schedule of particular security software and behold the tester bias.

The link mentioned at the very beginning of the thread is in Russian, not in English. And one cannot rely on Google Translate to translate from one language to another since word for word translation is not reliable.

Thanks.

5. CogitoTesting

Nevertheless, if look at this test http://www.anti-malware-test.com/?q=node/93 you could see the date the test was performed contrast that to the tested security software release schedule. Pure rubbish and bias from the tester. One compare new and old and expect to have an un-biased result.

Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  6. PC__Gamer

PC__Gamer Registered Member

Anyone else not that surprised by these results, drweb has always had the best removal, that's why cureit is such an awesome tool

Now tests seem to be going dynamic, I await av-test to test drweb when they include regular antiviruss, that's if drweb want to be in the test

I expect a really positive result if they do :)

7. subset

subset Registered Member

Are you kidding me?
    This is not the date the test was performed, this is the date the test was published at anti-malware-test.com. o_O
    The test series started at July 7 with the released versions by this date.
    You just don't understand, do you? :p

Cheers

8. CogitoTesting

So the tester performed the test in July 2009 and released it in November 2009. You've got to be a kidder, no doubt.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  9. dcrowe0050

dcrowe0050 Registered Member

Hey trjam, Avira may be proving you right lately but since they have got all the bugs worked out of version 10 beta, I have some pretty high expectations. They are really working hard to get this right and I have had a lot of contact with them lately, and if nothing else I definitely like all the effort they are putting into it. I haven't had a chance to through a lot at the suite yet, but with what I have tested it with it is doing a fine job. I think they might surprise some people when it finally get to final release. In any case, with all the time they are spending on it, it is going to be a well oiled machine.

10. subset

subset Registered Member

Nope, that's not entirely correct.
    However, slowly but surely we come closer to the facts. At least I hope so.

If you re-read post #16, you will find the information, that the test was performed from July 7 to October 22 2009.

And now for something completely different.

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.