New 1-year voucher in the German c't

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by petersteiner, Oct 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petersteiner

petersteiner Registered Member

Again, the new c't that comes out on monday will have a 1-year voucher sticking between its pages. The c't gets released with a 1-year voucher about every six months. I never bought a "real" license. I always get them out of the c't :D.

2. Jaska

Jaska Registered Member

Is it valid only in Germany? Where do you post it to get the licence number?

3. petersteiner

I don't know if it's only valid in Germany. I will buy the magazine tomorrow. The last time you had to register at https://www.esetsoftware.de/ctaktion2006/form.jsp

What I'd like to know is if I can use the voucher to prolong my current license which is still good until 05/2007. Maybe someone from Eset Germany can answer this if he/she reads it here.

4. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

5. pykko

pykko Registered Member

hmm....I guess this offer is only for those 4 countries listed there.
    And btw what does "Berechtigungscode" mean ? :D :D

6. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

That's the code (Berechtigungscode<->legitimation code) which is published in each c't. You need that one to succefully request a licenz on the above posted registration page.

7. mrtwolman

mrtwolman Eset Staff Account

8. basti

basti Registered Member

Ähm, and they pay EUR 6 for the Magazine, so for a One Year Licenese, too ? And whats about your customers ? We pay EUR 39 for an new and 29 for another One Year Licenece Key ?

Whats the difference between the two Versions of NOD ? I mean, the Version from c't and the Version directly from ESET or your Resellers/ Distributors ?

9. petersteiner

Tommy or anybody else, at https://www.esetsoftware.de/ctaktion2106/form.jsp is a box that I can tick if I'm already a customer. Does this only serve statistical purposes or will my existing license get prolonged when I do that? Is it actually possible to prolong my license with the vouchers?

10. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

I don't know yet, here in Argentine it is sunday 19:18. My family in Munic (00:18 o'clock) will buy in arround 10 hours the c't for me. I will make statement than.

11. Cpt. Sparrow

Cpt. Sparrow Registered Member

@petersteiner:

I guess ESET is trying to increase their market share by spreading the software - so they covermount it on a magazine to get it out of the "tech" corner. Remember that the software is still not well known in Germany, even if ESET took part of some of the latest magazine comparatives.

If so, the box would serve a statistical purpose, because it would allow them to track how many new contacts (and prospective users of the next NOD version) they created with the campaign. So chances are your existing license will not be prolonged, because a connection between the new and the exiting license was not intended. Maybe someone from ESET can confirm this?

@basti:

There's no difference to the regular version. You register with your "Berechtigungscode" and get an e-mail with the registration needed to connect to the update servers. That's it.

BTW: ct magazine is 3 Euros (about 4 $) only, and the current issue also has the full version of Outpost 3.0 (a bit outdated, but still good) on the cover CD - a real bargain.

Regards,
    El Capitan

12. IBK

IBK AV Expert

btw, there is a mistypo of the name av-comparatives in the eset c't folder included in the magazine - but well, next time c't will write it correctly i hope ;)

13. SYS 64738

SYS 64738 Registered Member

Now, I got two of the c't vouchers for my two machines. One was from the c't Windows XP special issue from 02/2006, which is still available http://www.heise.de/kiosk/special/ (€ 8.50), and there seems no time limit for registration. With the voucher from the c't issue 21/2006, which has a limited registration time until Nov. 15, it is also possible to "prolong" your NOD32 license by getting a new one (you need to reinstall NOD32, because you get an new activation code). I think this procedure should also work from outside of germany (just choose "Andere" from the "Land" drop-down menue). There are also special discounts for other kind of licenses available https://www.esetsoftware.de/ctpromo2106/form.jsp and I got a two year update license for € 19,-. However, this license is sold by a german third party vendor and payment has to be performed by bank transfer, not by credit card.

14. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Only thing is: you can't buy #21 anymore since about ten days.

Gerard

15. SYS 64738

SYS 64738 Registered Member

Hm, I see....
    But it is possible to get previous issues here https://www.heise.de/abo/ct/hefte.shtml. However, shipping costs are € 10,- to places outside Europe. (For the special issues there are no shipping costs for Germany and Europe.)

Edit: For the voucher of the c't special edition 02/2006 there seems no registration to be possible from other countries than Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Sry, guys :(

Last edited: Oct 30, 2006
  16. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Interesting.

17. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

My new license method, this will save me huge amounts of money.

18. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

I bought the c't in germany (my parents) and i registered from Buenos Aires :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.