never got an email confirmation from ebay

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by wutsup, May 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

hey wilders, i requested to close my ebay account about a week ago and i got an email from them saying that they will email me again telling me its been closed. but i never got that email.

i tried logging into ebay but it just says invalid user or password.

could they have closed my account without emailing me?

also, can anyone else try this out.

go to www.ebay.com and click on sign in. and in the username put "wutsup" and for password type in "qwerty". does it take you to an enter the numbers to continue page or does it just say invalid username or password in red? im asking this because i thought my username was wutsup but its not and i just tried a common password like qwerty and it takes you to the enter the numbers to continue page. but if you type in with the same username as wutsup with a just slightly different password like hello, it doesnt take you to the numbers page. can anyone else confirm this?

p.s. that was not my actual ebay username or password lol

2. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

anyone?

i do remember getting an email from ebay when i requested to close my ebay account. they were suppose to send me another email confirming that its been officially closed but i never got that. i should still be able to sign into ebay until its been officially closed but i cant sign in.

oh and there is another user on ebay with the username "wutsup" lol. thought that was my ebay account name but my actual ebay account name was wutsup with some numbers.

3. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Don't get me wrong, but asking people to try to log in to an account that's apparently not even yours doesn't sound like the best idea around. o_O

4. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

yea i know, i thought my account ont ebay was the same as "wutsup" but my username on ebay is actually wutsup with some numbers, i just didnt remember it because i havent logged into ebay in a long time lol. i just wanted to make sure i wasnt the only one getting directed to the enter the numbers to continue page when typing in wutsup and some short password.

but im not really sure why i did not receive a second email from ebay saying my account has been officialy closed. i got an email from them rgiht away when i requested to close my account though

5. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

is there anyway to email ebay? i just want to make sure my account has been deleted. i think its been deleted cause i cant sign in anymore, but i was suppose to get a confirmation email.

6. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

i did get an email from ebay when i first requested to close my account. maybe that was the confirmation email?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.