never ending story

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by gerardwil, Jul 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

2. Pigman

Pigman Registered Member

You know, this has been demonstrated to me again and again to the extent that I no longer use IE for anything at all. I wish I could irradicate the stupid program from my hard drive.

3. Brent

Brent Registered Member

Thats the thing with me. I like things to be nice and neat and dont like having two of the same things installed when i dont need the other. If I could completely rid myself of IE (not just the program but the annoying way its built into the OS) I would be using Firefox now. But I am smart enough to know what to do and not to do, I run Adaware and Spybot daily and run hi jack this as well looking for new things.

While we all know that Windows XP and Microsoft are filled with holes if people would just learn how to use a freaking computer. Install a antivirus. Turn on the windows firewall. I mean we could stop the spread of these viruses.

People are just ignorant.

4. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Yes, people are just ignorant, but in my opinion, I feel that everybody should play a part in helping Information Technology secure and good to use. Regarding IE, I have a good question about it:
    Would people use a web browser like IE, which has security flaws and holes all the time? Take a good good look at other browsers, and compare them with IE. IE is always the loser because of it's many security flaws and holes.

Nowadays, Non-Microsoft browsers are THE most secure choice.

5. meneer

meneer Registered Member

That's a lot of effort...
    Running these tools is necessary as a compensation for the lack of real security. If you care to take a risk (run IE), then indeed you'll have to take other measures in order to compensate the risk.

Compensating by prevention is much cheaper then compensating by detection, correction and repression.

6. Brent

Brent Registered Member

It takes 5 min out of my day :)

and it never finds anything. No tracking cookies nothing. Just set up IE to block first and third party cookies and allow session cookies. You will be fine. Dont install ActiveX programs when they randomly ask you to....

It doesnt take alot of effort.

7. Brent

Brent Registered Member

Mine is pretty easy to detect if something is added because its so small.

Adaware scans through in 2 min tops as well as spybot. Thats all I do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.