netzero high speed 3g?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Simon Phoenix, Jul 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simon Phoenix

Simon Phoenix Registered Member

Anyone tried it, opinions?

2. Capp

Capp Registered Member

I don't use dial-up, but I do find it quite comical that these companies are offering to "surf the web 5-10 times faster".

Dial-up cannot and will never be faster thank 56K. Technically, the regulated standard is that it cannot be faster than 54K because that has to be the alloted 2K for ring-tone and carrier signal.

What I have found that a lot of these companies actually mean (as written in fine print) is that a few select websites will load faster than average dial-up.

Others offer high-speed dial-up through means of image compression. The software degrades the quality of the pictures on the website and compresses it so it loads faster.

The fastest way to speed up your dial-up connection....switch to DSL or Cable ;)

3. feddup

feddup Registered Member

If you read the fine print associatted with netzero "highspeed" it will basically tell you that they will cache your favorite websites for you which most people's PCs do anyway and that in an actual download the speed will be the same as regular netzero. They mire this in paragraphs of dialogue and misdirection that would make a Republican envious at their skills of deception. I also believe they fairly prominently say "UP TO 5 to 10 times faster". This translates pissing on your leg and telling you it's raining. I'm sorry I'm so cynical but I have JUNO (terrible ISP but cheap) which is owned by netzero and have read and analyzed their offers many times (weekly). If you want to pay an extra 50 to 100% for nothing then it's a fine deal.

4. sotrue

sotrue Guest

LMFAO x2 :D :D :D so true Feddup, so true. These companies with all their bs really makes me sick. Dial up will never exceed 54k. I feel sorry for those who buy into their lies.

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

To bad when you need customer service it isn't 5 to 10x faster. I needed to cancel an account recently for an organization I work for. Geesh what a pain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.