Networking with F-Secure

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Simon6776, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simon6776

Simon6776 Registered Member

I recently bought a laptop, and after a lot of fiddling about, managed to get a network up and running between this and my main desktop PC. The problem had been that I hadn't created a rule in FSIS 2007 to allow file and printer sharing.

This morning, I upgraded both machines to FSIS 2008, and now find that although I can access the Internet with the laptop, via wireless router, I can no longer access the files and printer on the main PC. I have not changed any settings, and have allowed file and printer sharing in FSIS 2008 on both machines. My router is a Netgear DG834G. Any suggestions?

2. tec505

tec505 Registered Member

I got the same problem. Tryed some settings found on F-Secure Knowledge base web site. But no connections.

Disinstalled. IMO is a good AV but Fwl is not at the edge.

Best Regards.
    Mike

3. Simon6776

Simon6776 Registered Member

I think I've done it. There's a settings in the Add Firewall Rules section for Windows Network Browsing, which is denied by default. I think this is new to the 2008 version, as I never saw it in the 2007 settings. Anyway, I took a gamble, and enabled it, and now I have full network access, then disabled it again, and I didn't, so it must be that. I just hope I haven't left myself wide open now. Can anyone clarify what Network Browsing means? Is it just what it says on the tin, meaning LAN or does it mean the network as in the whole internet? o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.