Networking configuration files

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by garykyle, Aug 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garykyle

garykyle Registered Member

Hello everyone,

I'm new to NOD32, and am trying to set up our company's network. I'm using the Administrator version to download new virus definitions from Eset, which is then mirroring to the network, and each workstation is looking at that mirror. That was easy...

What I *can't* figure out is how to do the same with the configuration file - I've managed to save a configuration file to the network via the Administrator version, but how can I get my workstations to point to it?

And will they then *always* read that file, so I can change that file once for all workstations that look at it, or do they just use that as a 'starting point' for a local configuration?

Thanks for the help,

Gary

2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    The Enterprise Edition can be used several different ways...it's quite flexible.

Usually when deploying it (I'm about to deploy another one on a new network in a few hours)...I create a configuration file based on the settings I wish....saving that config file with a name based on it's type (IE..workstations, or laptops).

I then create a custom install package..based on those configuration files...naming them similarly. Then I do the push installs. The client receives the program..with all settings.

You don't HAVE to do it that way..say you already have the NOD32 client on all your workstations with a default install. You can do a push install on top of it. Or you can sit at each one...go to system settings..and point the remote admin tab to your RAS/RAC box. Then after the heartbeat time period has elapsed (default 5 minutes)..they should appear in your RAC..and you can push the config files to them (right click each PC..new task...configuration...etc)

After a few minutes they will have imported the config file/settings that you have.

3. garykyle

Thanks for the reply, but I don't have the Enterprise Edition - just the administration version of the usual NOD32 client that you get when buying multiple workstation licenses. The Administrator version is exactly the same as the regular workstation version, only with an extra 'Mirror' option in the treeview that allows you to set up a mirror of the downloaded files. I don't have access to the Remote Management utility.

I am just wondering if there is any way to get the workstation version to read the settings from the xml file other than at install.

4. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

NOD32 Control Center --> Mirror --> Setup --> Setup(in the 'Configuration Files' section)
    Add or create your configs there.

Let us know if that helps or not.

Cheers :)

5. garykyle

I have managed to set up the file OK using the method you describe - my problem is working out how to get the non-Administrator versions to point at it!

6. ctrlaltdelete

ctrlaltdelete Registered Member

I'm not sure if i understand your question...

On the workstations u have to add an new entry in the available update servers.
    Update > Setup > Servers > Add server, and choose that server as the update server.

Test if it works like it should on 1 workstation.

If it works fine, u can export a regkey from that workstation;

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Eset\Nod\CurrentVersion\Modules\Update\Settings\Config000\Settings

and import the regkey on the other workstations.

7. NOD32 user

I beieve you should find that when your client PC's update from your mirror they should also collect the config file automatically. Have you seen this manual?

8. garykyle

Hi NOD32 user,

No, I haven't seen it - great document - thanks for the link!

I just didn't notice it was including the config file location info in the mirror - this program keeps on getting better!

Thanks for the help,

Gary

9. NOD32 user

No worries :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.