Network Virus

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by encus, Apr 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. encus

encus Registered Member

Hi!

Let's say I'm using ESS and connected to a wireless network. If other computer in the same network as mine is infected with a virus/trojan/worm, then can ESS block that threat so it won't be spreading to my computer via wireless network?

Thank you.:rolleyes:

2. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  3. encus

encus Registered Member

Thanks, but I'm still confusedo_O

4. Rusty_Shackleford

Rusty_Shackleford Registered Member

If your computer is connected to a home network or if your work computer is part of a larger network, you may find yourself with an infection through no fault of your own. Someone else on the network downloaded a bug by accident, and within minutes, the entire network could be infected. There isn’t much you can do to stop these kinds of infections, short of having your network administrator ensure that everyone’s antivirus software is up to date so that the invading bug can be removed as quickly as possible.

So to sum it up:

Most virus's these days are only going to infect the one system. If you do get a very advanced VIRUS and your other systems on the network do not have fully updated AV's -Firewall then they will get infected. This is very rare so stay away from the gutter of the internet to be on the safe side. If you do think your other systems might be infected, ESET on demand scan gives you the option to scan other systems on the network.

5. encus

encus Registered Member

Thanks for your answer, Rusty. But I've once used Kaspersky Internet Security and been on a situation which I was attacked by this network virus from other infected computer in the same wireless network, then Kaspersky immediately blocked that attack for me. What I'm trying to say is I hope ESS does have this kind of ability.

Thank you.

6. encus

encus Registered Member

So can ESS do that? o_O

Thanks.

7. encus

encus Registered Member

Still waiting for an official answer from Eset:doubt:

8. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

If the threat was one that ESET detected (even using proactive technologies like heuristic and generic detection) and it was not configured to disable or ignore it, then yes, the threat would be detected and blocked.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

9. encus

encus Registered Member

I'm quite satisfied with your answer. Thank you Aryeh Goretsky :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.