Network Problems

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by zuzu10, Mar 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zuzu10

zuzu10 Registered Member

Hi Guys,

Got an issue with my home network.

I decided to go wirless on my laptop and PC. I also have another PC which is known as my server that takes care of my back ups but that is hard wire. I have set up an ADSL wireless router and the Laptop(XP Pro) is working fine.

The PC(XP Home) is seen on my network using the laptop as well as my Server but when I try to enter my PC I receive the usual message -

\\Pc is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

The network path was not found.

Anytime I wish to view my workgroup from the PC, it gives me this -

HOMENETWORK is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available.

Also another problem with the wirless on the PC, when I wish to connect it says : -

Windows is unable to connect to the selected network. The network may no longer be in range. Please refresh the list of available networks, and try to connect again.

However, the box is in the same room and the signal strength says excellent!!

My PC is just new and I am pulling my hair out with getting things the way I want it!!

Help would be appreciated!

Zuzu

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.