Network problems & THANKS!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rdenny, May 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdenny

rdenny Registered Member

Here's my problem: I have a net with static IPs that is hooked directly to the Internet -- no NAT (but I do have a firewall!). When I start a bootable rescue disk, it picks up DHCP from outside the firewall and I end up with an unusable "external" IP. I have to shut down the router/firewall, boot the rescue disk, then go to the Options ethernet setup, fill in the static IP that is for inside the firewall, go back the restart the router. then I can use Computers near me.

What I'd like to see is a way to disable or erase the DHCP supplied IP info and override it with my own. Wishlist item.

Meanwhile, TrueImage is a TOTAL WINNER. You guys have created the tool of my dreams for managing disks and creating disaster recovery processes. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!!!!

2. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

Welcome to the forums, rdenny.

Your setup sounds .... strange .... to me. And very in-flexible. Why do you not have your own local DHCP running you network? Either in the router, or on one of the local machines? Which router do you btw?

How do TI behave, if you physically disconnect the network during boot? Will it ask you for an IP-address when DHCP is not responding? What if you (temporarily) plug it into a dummy hub so the interface is "alive"?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rdenny,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I am afraid it is very difficult to do what you need. The workaround that may work is the following:

1. When you get to Acronis True Image main screen (after booting with Acronis Bootable CD) please press Ctrl+Alt+F2;
    2. Issue the command:
    ifconfig eth0 <new ip-address>
    3. Press Alt+F1 to get back to graphical insterface.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.