Network file not available on startup

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by unclep4ul, Feb 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unclep4ul

unclep4ul Registered Member

Windows 7 64 bit and NOD32 vesion 4

I have a batch file which is sat on a networked drive. I have created a shortcut to this batch file in my Startup folder. The file runs as expected until I install NOD32.

Now when I logon the batch is not run automatically, and if I then go into the start menu and execute the shortcut a message appears
    If I try to run the shortcut a second time it executes as expected.

Please help!

Thanks in advance.

2. MattJN

MattJN Former ESET Support Rep

Hello,

Please disable scanning of network drives:

Open GUI > Press F5 for Advanced, highlight Real-time File System Protection on the left. Locate the Network drives check box, uncheck it, click OK.

Regards,

Matt

3. unclep4ul

Thank you! That worked a treat!

Would you consider it safe to turn this off? I think we can probably live with out it.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I was able to run a batch file from a mapped drive on Win7, x64 fine.

5. unclep4ul

Marcos, I believe if this was on a clean install of Windows with only one mapped drive it would also work for myself, but I have a lot of group policies applied which probably contributed to the problem.

6. MattJN

MattJN Former ESET Support Rep

Hello,

If you are mapping the same shared folder on a server to multiple workstations, you will have the engine from a number of machines scanning the same directory, which could cause application performance problems. As long as you permit the server hosting that share to scan the local path an nothing scans the UNC path, it will continue to be scanned and allow more than one connection without issue. :cool:

Thanks,

Matt

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'd suggest creating 2 Procmon logs at the same time, one on the computer hosting the batch file and the other on the computer attempting to run it from a network drive. Maybe they'll show something interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.