Network Drive not seen

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Tom ZuckerScharff, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Tom ZuckerScharff

Tom ZuckerScharff Registered Member

I am sure this is addressed somewhere, but I couldn't find it. I have all the Paragon software. I have been using HDM Premium to create some VMs from disk (P2V). I seem to have a problem though. When I map a network drive, it doesn't appear in the paragon software. I have changed the registry as suggested and disabled UAC, as suggested. The best I can get is that under Volume Explorer the mapped drives appear under drives, but not anywhere else.

I want to make a VM of a network drive, but this is holding me back. I would also like to make the network drive my destination, otherwise I keep having to make VMs and then move them to the Network share with Windows explorer.

2. Paragon_MA

Paragon_MA Paragon Moderator

Unfortunately it is not possible to select mapped network drive as source for P2V Copy since network connection dose not provide disk layout (partitioning and file system). You need either run P2V Copy directly on PC you want to virtualize, backup HDD of this PC and use P2V Restore to virtualuze this OS from backup on another PC or connect HDD of this PC to computer where Hard Disk Manager is running and use P2V Copy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.