Network Connections Stats Accuracy

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by archie400, Aug 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. archie400

archie400 Registered Member

Hi,

I've recently purchased and installed ESET ESS version 3.0.669.0, I, periodically, like to monitor network traffic so opened the "Show Network Connections" window and started to monitor the stats on a test file download from my ISP's mirror.

TO my surprise, a 50Meg file download indicates that, during the download, Firefox shows the download at 47.0 Mb of 47.7 Mb but the network connection stats shows a received data value of 84.3 Mb for that download.

Has anyone else seen this with network traffic, i.e. the ESS monitor showing significantly more data being indicated than would be expected?

I'm trying to work out if there is a bug in ESS or in my web browsers (ie6 and Firefox as both show the same issue) or something else.

I've submitted this to ESET here in Australia and they have referred it to their European counterparts but I'd like to know if it's just me or if others are seeing this concern.

Regards and thanks in advance for any feedback.

2. Bensec

Bensec Registered Member

I guess its about the Bit and Byte. please check the unit.

3. archie400

archie400 Registered Member

I had a reply from ESET support saying its (now) a known problem and will be looked at and fixed in a future release.

4. Bensec

Bensec Registered Member

thanks for the respond, Archie. Next time, I will think twice before replying. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.