Network Backup Freeze

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by alani, Sep 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alani

alani Registered Member

TrueImage v8 build 937

Experiencing two problems with network backup from a rescue disk:

1) Does not see all the shares on the target XP server. Just reports the first share, does not list the share on the second drive. If I type in the share name manually, it can access it.

2) Backup freezes sometimes, client looks like it crashed (no progress, mouse not responding). Client is a Dell 4700C (XP), server is Dell 8250 (XP), network is 100BaseT.

If I run the backup from XP instead of the rescue disk, it seems to always work.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello alani,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Please collect the following information:

- Describe actions taken before the backup process freezes step-by-step;

- Create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also do the following:

- Launch Acronis Report Utility once again and select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;
    - Boot the computer from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;
    - Collect the report file from the floppy;
    - Rename the report created from under Windows to report_win.txt and report created using the bootabale floppy to report_diskette.txt.

Could you please also boot from the Acronis True Image 8.0 rescue disc once more and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears?

After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the OK button and wait for # prompt to appear. Please insert a diskette in a floppy disk drive.
    Then issue the following commands:

asamba dhcp -n
    asamba masters

- Write down the output after each of the commands or use a digital camera to make a shots of the output screens;

cd tmp
    mkdir mntdir
    mount /devfs/floppy/0 mntdir
    cat /proc/net/dev > mntdir/net.txt
    umount mntdir

Collect the net.txt file from the diskette.

Send all the collected files and information to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. alani

alani Registered Member

Thanks Acronis support.

The version you sent fixed my problem.

Alan

4. Acronis Support

Hello alani,

I'm glad to hear that the problem has been solved.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

5. Quirky

Quirky Guest

Hi,

I'm getting the exact same problems with a Dell Poweredge when backing up using the boot CD. What exactly was the fix?

6. Hi Support Team,

I have the same problem. It happends on two customer services. C-Partition was backup correctly but with the next one I got the freeze screen.

I can't make you this reports because our downtime window has been closed. Maybe there is a common solution?

I also would help if you explain why it happens? Bad Sectors? RAID Controller communication failure? Ethernet failure?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
    Thomas Grübl (IBM Germany)

7. Up - Still need help

8. Acronis Support

Hello Quirky and Thomas,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please collect the following information:

- Describe actions taken before the backup process freezes step-by-step;

- Create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also do the following:

- Launch Acronis Report Utility once again and select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;
    - Boot the computer from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;
    - Collect the report file from the floppy;
    - Rename the report created from under Windows to report_win.txt and report created using the bootabale floppy to report_diskette.txt.

Could you please also boot from the Acronis True Image 8.0 rescue disc once more and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears?

After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the OK button and wait for # prompt to appear. Please insert a diskette in a floppy disk drive.
    Then issue the following commands:

asamba dhcp -n
    asamba masters

- Write down the output after each of the commands or use a digital camera to make a shots of the output screens;

cd tmp
    mkdir mntdir
    mount /devfs/floppy/0 mntdir
    cat /proc/net/dev > mntdir/net.txt
    umount mntdir

Collect the net.txt file from the diskette.

Please note that we need this information since the same problem can be resulted from different reasons. This means that each time we need diagnostic info from the particular customer.

Please collect the information requested above and contact us from our web-site: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/support/ . Please don't forget to send the link to this thread along with gathered information. This would allow us to investigate the problem and help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Semyonov Vasily

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.