Network Attached Storage and Restoring image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rwalker01, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rwalker01

rwalker01 Registered Member

I trialled TI 8 and was convinced it was my back up solution for my RAID 10 set up. I successfully imaged the entire RAID 10 drive consisting of three separate partitions to a single image on a Buffalo Terastation (Network Attached Storage - NAS). I could explore the image from any computer on the network. Tonight I managed to crash my RAID set up. I purchased TI 8 since my trial had expired. I created a rescue CD on another computer and successfully booted to TI on the CD. Here's the problem: TI sees all the disks connected to the computer, but does not see the Buffalo NAS. If the image were on one of the drives connected to the computer I would be back in business, but it is not. When I start TI on another computer in the network, the computer based version of TI will recognize the NAS. What the heck should I do? I guess I could install windows on the RAID 10 or another drive on the computer and then restore the image, but that abolishes the time savings of image restoration - I might as well do a clean install. Help please! :doubt:

2. rwalker01

I'm one step closer. I found a way to enable the Ethernet adapter under tools>options. I can now see the back up on the NAS. Now a new problem: the RAID array does not show up as a RAID 10. It just shows the four individual drives. Acronis tech support told me TI supported RAID 10 before I trialled it! What's the problem? :(

Thanks.

Rick

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Rick,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please clarify me the following: your RAID array doesn't show up as a RAID 10 when you boot from Acronis Bootable CD, am I correct?

Do you use the latest build of Acronis trial version?

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

4. rwalker01

That is correct. I am trying to restore the image I created from the RAID 10 array. The array died and I had to recreate it and now need to restore the image to the new RAID array.

When I exited the bootable CD last night I git a brief glimpse of a message that said "Multiple level RAID arrays are not supported" or something like that.

5. rwalker01

I just purchased and downloaded the full version last night. That is the one I am using.

Rick

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rwalker01,

Please follow my instructions given in the previous thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.